Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Looking at a fat tire bike.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and am looking at a fat tire bike to get back into cycling. Going to be riding a lot of paved biking routes and mainly flat desert trail/fire roads.

I found this company online with what appears to be a decent deal. $101.00 for a Yukon 1.

So...... has anyone ever ordered or heard of Yelureta.com?

·
Registered
Looking at a fat tire bike.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude, even if the site is legit (which l doubt) would you really wanna ride a 100 dollar fatbike?
The bike in question is a Giant Yukon 1.
Yeah. I'd be good with paying that price.

I once picked up a Walther 9mm complete in the factory case with a holster for $100.

The is a price point doesn't always define the product.

·
passed out in your garden
4,384 Posts
The bike in question is a Giant Yukon 1.
Yeah. I'd be good with paying that price.

I once picked up a Walther 9mm complete in the factory case with a holster for $100.

The is a price point doesn't always define the product.
a quick Google shows the Yukon cost 2k, so if you think youll get it for 100, go for it

but my guess is youll lose a 100 bucks

·
since 4/10/2009
37,061 Posts
bike sale scam websites are like cockroaches. they're EVERYWHERE. the tools you need to learn to identify them are readily available on the interwebs (including mtbr). I can tell you based on the information you've given here (and without clicking the link) that the site you're describing is a scam.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,322 Posts
a single brake caliper on the anthem costs more than 99 bucks.

there are no deals on bikes like this anywhere
except the fabled 'I am divorcing my husband and selling his Porsche for 99 bucks in the classifieds' fantasy

·
Administrator
12,432 Posts
a quick Google shows the Yukon cost 2k, so if you think youll get it for 100, go for it

but my guess is youll lose a 100 bucks
I think the trick on these websites is this attitude "Well if I lose $100 it is just a hundred but if they ship me a bike I am ahead" except you don't just lose $100, you also give your CC number to a random individual, along with your expiry date and your other numbers. Add to that that they can grab other data from you such as your name and address and you have a situation ripe for having your identity stolen as well as fraudulent transactions with your card or any number of new cards taken in your name.

I wouldn't add any personal info into this website, even to just see if it is a scam.

·
All fat, all the time.
11,120 Posts
a single brake caliper on the anthem costs more than 99 bucks.

there are no deals on bikes like this anywhere
except the fabled 'I am divorcing my husband and selling his Porsche for 99 bucks in the classifieds' fantasy
I actually knew s guy that bought a Carrera turbo off eBay for $30k.
It was that exact scenario. He flew to Chicago and picked it up and drove it home.

Obviously doesn't happen often.

This site above is surely a scam.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.