Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I don't catch too much flak for this...I understand that cockpit components are pretty subjective to personal taste...but I'm really struggling to decide on the stem size for my build. I keep going back and forth between 50mm and 70mm thomson stem. then I think...maybe I should split the difference and just go 60mm...

Once I finish the bike and get to ride it, i'm sure it will become clearer, but in the meantime I'm looking for any suggestions to help sway me towards a size. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I use a 70mm, and want to try the 50mm. But i will tell you i ride a medium. Im 5'7" tall and weigh 145. The 70mm really feels perfect. I use a straight 760mm wide bar with no rise. This may help you some. I am getting a 50mm stem just to make sure, because i am always curious.

·
Registered
790 Posts
If you ride technical trails go the short way.
I built my Yelli some years ago (XL size, I'm 6.2") with a DUC32 fork and a 95mm stem... then changed for a Fox34 140 and a 80mm stem... then a 65mm stem... then pushed the fork to 150mm... and finally put on a 50mm stem.
I won't go back to longer stem, but you need to choose basing on your riding style and preference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.