Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

741 - 760 of 768 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Lots of seatstay clearance, especially with a 2.25 Ardent. Chainstay clearance is good too. I also have a set of 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Rekon+ on Flow MK3 rims for this bike. It is tight at the chainstay with the plus wheels but still lots of room at the seatstays. A 29x2.6 is probably the largest setup that will fit with reasonable mud clearance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally got her finished and on the trail.

2016 Ano Black

Xfusion Slide RL2 29

29"Stans Arch EX

Maxxis Ikon 2.35 Tubless

1x9 XT Rear 11-34t with Raceface ride cranks 32t chainring

Raceface Chester pedals and handlebars 60mm stem

Next upgrades: dropper post and brakes

Such a blast though. Loves to pop off of even the littlest hump on the trail. My skills are way behind what the bike wants at the moment.

IMG_20180205_151208_174.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
Anyone ever use specialized roval traverse with the 142+ hub on their Yelli? If so did you get chain rub or did it fit okay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone ever use specialized roval traverse with the 142+ hub on their Yelli? If so did you get chain rub or did it fit okay?
I just scored a set of the traverse carbon fatties to put on there. I am waiting for the freehub body because I have it set up as a 10 speed, but I don't foresee running into issues. Are you running it 11 speed?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks guys! I have since added a dropper post. I’ve been very happy with the Shimano wheels, they are light and have been very durable. It’s a great trail bike. Climbs much better than I thought it would and I can ride it anywhere

·
In Transit
851 Posts
Bumping this thread with my shelter-in-place ride - YSv1 with a two-tone paint (mud over ano red). Overkill for my front door trails but less so than my Ripley. My favorite part of the build are the Onyx hubs - so silent when coasting and instant engagement.

CB30C071-9214-4712-9D30-C846EB0C75A4.jpg 87638022-69D5-4D01-8C99-3FE5B2A613CE.jpg 50562A02-8E04-4272-B80B-63772F370999.jpg

·
In Transit
851 Posts
Great looking rig👍 What length fork are you running?
Thanks! 130 currently but may try 120 at my next service. Wanders a bit on steep climbs (my lower back is pretty inflexible though) and one of the Canfield Bros mentioned that 120 is the sweet spot. Or I may just try flipping my stem.

·
Pipe Dreamer
5,491 Posts
I love the way the dirt tones down the red anno, nice looking ride, Giddy!

I've got a N9 built up right now which serves as my "road bike", but don't think I'll ever get rid of my Yelli frame. There's just something about it that even the N9 doesn't have. Might have to build it up this summer and see which one I like better.

·
In Transit
851 Posts
I love the way the dirt tones down the red anno, nice looking ride, Giddy!

I've got a N9 built up right now which serves as my "road bike", but don't think I'll ever get rid of my Yelli frame. There's just something about it that even the N9 doesn't have. Might have to build it up this summer and see which one I like better.
Thanks!

I would fully support that experiment, Corn. Been wondering that myself and I must admit that I’ve been glancing at the N9v5 page because apparently I can never leave well enough alone. :p

·
Pipe Dreamer
5,491 Posts
I haven't had a lot of time on the N9 because winter, but I feel it's missing something the Yelli has, it's subtle but it's there, and not just in one way.

I relaced the hubs to some wider Flows and changed some other things since this photo, it's all on the N9 right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks! 130 currently but may try 120 at my next service. Wanders a bit on steep climbs (my lower back is pretty inflexible though) and one of the Canfield Bros mentioned that 120 is the sweet spot. Or I may just try flipping my stem.

I’m rocking a 140mm travel fork as that is what most people recommended. It’s all a matter of preference. My only complaint with that much travel is I can’t lay it down in the turns like I want and may try it at 120.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Interesting. I had not heard they recommend 120 as the ideal travel. IIRC, the Yelli was designed for 100-140mm fork. I have a dual position, 140/110. 110 for climbing is nice, then 140 for the downs. I like how it rides. Added a Riot with 150 in front, will be interesting to see how it compares.

741 - 760 of 768 Posts