Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

721 - 740 of 768 Posts

·
try anything on a bike
487 Posts
Looking into upgrading my old dual air Revelation to a DVO Diamond. The rev is 140mm, the DVO is 150mm. Anyone running a 150 on the Yelli? I think the axle to crown is pretty close between the 2, but cannot find definitive answer on ac measurement for rev

Edit. Looks like the 2011 rev in 140 with 20mm axle is 549 and the DVO is 552mm at 150mm. Does that sound accurate to anyone?

·
Sweatin in Bama
46 Posts
Do all of the YS's have the same head tube angle? I'm looking at buying a 2013 29'er off a local guy but his photos don't look like it has the same rake as some of the ones in this thread. I've also noticed that some of the bikes in this thread appear the same way. Some look like the front tire is close to the frame, others it looks farther out. Maybe it's just the angle of the pic.

Lastly, I've seen a lot of guys all over the board on sizing. I know fit is a personal choice but, since the bike I'm looking at is an 8 hour round trip drive, I'd like to get the opinion of those with experience with the bike. I'm 5"10 - 5'11 (depending on which Dr. measures me...) and have a 31" inseam. I'm looking at a large but am concerned that I'd need a medium.

This is the bike I'm looking at: 00808_7D9Aj0dOMqu_600x450.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
Im 5'10" w/ 32" inseam on a large. 50mm 0deg stem, 750mm bars, 150mm dropper. The fit feels so nice. The bike feels very natural under me, so comfy. I ride it more often than my FS ('16 Trance) bike.

On the headtube question. Some guys are running shorter travel forks, adjustable travel forks slammed in the photo they took, or some forks just have shorter axle to crown. The headtube angle is the same across all years the Yelli was produced.

·
Sweatin in Bama
46 Posts
Im 5'10" w/ 32" inseam on a large. 50mm 0deg stem, 750mm bars, 150mm dropper. The fit feels so nice. The bike feels very natural under me, so comfy. I ride it more often than my FS ('16 Trance) bike.

On the headtube question. Some guys are running shorter travel forks, adjustable travel forks slammed in the photo they took, or some forks just have shorter axle to crown. The headtube angle is the same across all years the Yelli was produced.
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated.

·
Pipe Dreamer
5,501 Posts
I'm 6' with 32" inseam on a medium I believe, it's a bit under 17" from BB to top of seat tube. I had another 29'er in medium and both fit me better than my large 26". You're gonna have to go try it it I think.

·
Sweatin in Bama
46 Posts
I'm 6' with 32" inseam on a medium I believe, it's a bit under 17" from BB to top of seat tube. I had another 29'er in medium and both fit me better than my large 26". You're gonna have to go try it it I think.
Well, crap. I hate to drive a 7-8 hour round trip just to find out it will or won't fit.... Damn.

·
Registered
976 Posts
5'8" 31" inseam using med YS 2014. stem is renthal apex 35 33mm, bar is renthal fatbar lite 35 20mm.

while this bar/stem works well already, i still prefer having a zero rise bar or a -10mm

·
try anything on a bike
487 Posts
The DVO is 562 at 150mm but it can be internally dropped to 140mm with their spacer. Hope that helps.
Good catch. I was looking at wrong one. What Angleset should I get. I figure keep the 150mm. Slack out a degree or so and maintain BB height. Thoughts?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Screenshot_2018-01-13-19-55-33.jpg

Updated photo the day before my first MTB race.

Updates since last post:
- XT M8000 crank
- XT Trail pedals
- 30T Wolftooth oval chainring
- Thomson DH Handlebar 12mm rise cut to 770mm
- Thomson silver seatpost clamp
- Galfer Rotors increase to 180mm rear w/XTR adapter
- Wolftooth bolt on front thru axle
- 2.3 High Roller 2 3C/EXO/TR front tire
- 2.25 Ardent DC EXO/TR rear tire
- King Cage stainless Iris bottle cage w/ red ano bolts
- Charger damper upgrade for the Yari
- MRP Ramp Control Cartridge
- Shimano SP41 housing for dropper and shift w/ Jagwire Elite Polished inner cable (so smooth)
- All Mountain Style Honeycomb frame protection on downtube
- 3M rubber mastic tape chainstay protecter

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 1178099

Updated photo the day before my first MTB race.

Updates since last post:
- XT M8000 crank
- XT Trail pedals
- 30T Wolftooth oval chainring
- Thomson DH Handlebar 12mm rise cut to 770mm
- Thomson silver seatpost clamp
- Galfer Rotors increase to 180mm rear w/XTR adapter
- Wolftooth bolt on front thru axle
- 2.3 High Roller 2 3C/EXO/TR front tire
- 2.25 Ardent DC EXO/TR rear tire
- King Cage stainless Iris bottle cage w/ red ano bolts
- Charger damper upgrade for the Yari
- MRP Ramp Control Cartridge
- Shimano SP41 housing for dropper and shift w/ Jagwire Elite Polished inner cable (so smooth)
- All Mountain Style Honeycomb frame protection on downtube
- 3M rubber mastic tape chainstay protecter
Wich rim are you using?

721 - 740 of 768 Posts