Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3030 Posts

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was checking out the Canfield website to see how they are progressing with the Nimble Nine and I see they are offering a new Aluminum alloy HT 29er model called the Yelli Screamy ! Geo sounds interesting : 16.7 " chainstays , 69 degree HTA w 100mm fork , and will come in a XL size as well for us taller peeps ! Man , even though I'm not really a big HT fan this frame sounds interesting for a nice little playbike ! :D TIG.

·
WNC Native
3,889 Posts
Knew this was coming, got to go check their site now.

The Nimble 9 is still coming and last I heard it's another 2-3 months out.

I was told that it looks a lot different than the original look and will be SS only.

·
WNC Native
3,889 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed! Now I'm even more eager to see the final Nimble 9 design.

·
Truly Doneski
541 Posts
Cool geometry

·
Registered
425 Posts
16.7" Chainstays!!!!!

16.7" Chainstays, and way better looking than the Nimble 9...IMO.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
Is this actually available, or just vapor ware like the Nimble 9 has proven to be thus far?

Edit: It says "Buy Now." This looks like a great option in the hardtail arena. Very unique bike.

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
bluestatevirgin said:
Anybody find BB height?
BB drop is on the diagram (as is reach!!). 70mm for 487a-c fork gives you an estimated 11.75" with the short fork. I would guess around 12.5-13" with a 120mm fork

That is possibly the most thorough geometry diagram I have ever seen. Well done Canfields

·
Registered
425 Posts
However....

Enel said:
Is this actually available, or just vapor ware like the Nimble 9 has proven to be thus far?

Edit: It says "Buy Now." This looks like a great option in the hardtail arena. Very unique bike.

...If you click on "Buy Now," there isn't one to buy.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Very interesting bike for sure and as Enel said, the geo chart really does give you everything and see what your particular size frame will actually look like, HOWEVER, too bad they have a web designer who doesn't seem to think that anyone uses over a 1024 resolution for their monitors :madman: I can hardly read the type on my 17" wide screen @ 1650 x 1050 :madman: and it's a jpeg, so you can't even scale it up using the font scaling feature in most browsers these days.

Enel said:
BB drop is on the diagram (as is reach!!). 70mm for 487a-c fork gives you an estimated 11.75" with the short fork. I would guess around 12.5-13" with a 120mm fork

That is possibly the most thorough geometry diagram I have ever seen. Well done Canfields

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
So forgive me a newb question, but for those of you who ride slacked out bikes with shorter stays, would you recommend the 120mm fork or the 100mm fork. I ask because the website highlights the HA with the 100mm fork. I'm wondering if that's what they, essentially, designed the frame around and are recommending?

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
Enel said:

Now we're talking. I originally looked at it and was scratching my head at the sub 12" resultant BB height. Forgot to take into account longer forks.

16.7" cs + 12.7"(+) bb = :band:

·
Registered
360 Posts
thesenator said:
...If you click on "Buy Now," there isn't one to buy.

The Yelli Screamy's are finished. They have been on the boat for about 2 weeks.
Should be here in about a week or so.

The frame was designed for 80-120mm forks.
I have a 100mm Fox float on mine running a 69 degree head angle.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
cSquared said:
The Yelli Screamy's are finished. They have been on the boat for about 2 weeks.
Should be here in about a week or so.

The frame was designed for 80-120mm forks.
I have a 100mm Fox float on mine running a 69 degree head angle.

Post up a pic or two!

1 - 20 of 3030 Posts