Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i just should inform the forum that oreo choose his bike already...i think...if he changes his mind agian ima gona chuck a grenade at him!

·
Banned
198 Posts
I didnt get a bike yet, Its still between the 2004 and the 2003 stinky. Im stuck the the fork. Well the good news is in about 15 hours (the end of the auction) I will either have one or the other. Just hold on for one more day dude! And I'll get one! and we can all have a "Im so happy Oreo is leaving the Forums!" party!

Just need the input on which one, the 2003 with the 6 nich DC, or the 2004 stinky with the drop off triple............................................I swear I'll leave, just give me an answer!

here is the link to the poll at pinkbike.com if your not registered there, or dont want to respond there, just tell me in this thread

http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=74941

G

·
oreo321321 said:
I didnt get a bike yet, Its still between the 2004 and the 2003 stinky. Im stuck the the fork. Well the good news is in about 15 hours (the end of the auction) I will either have one or the other. Just hold on for one more day dude! And I'll get one! and we can all have a "Im so happy Oreo is leaving the Forums!" party!

Just need the input on which one, the 2003 with the 6 nich DC, or the 2004 stinky with the drop off triple............................................I swear I'll leave, just give me an answer!

here is the link to the poll at pinkbike.com if your not registered there, or dont want to respond there, just tell me in this thread

http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=74941
dude, i would say the 03 w/jr.t. why this, cuz the d.o.t really friggen sucks man, my friends got it on his manik, pos. you cant even pull the bike up. go for the '03 stinky.

G

·
oreo321321 said:
You can't pull the bike up? what do you mean? Too heavy or what?
no, it just goes in a certain way and absorbs your pull... I dont know if its just me, but the thing sucks. The junior T would be a better choice. If the fork is the only thing making your choice in between bikes. then you should go for the 03 stinky, trust me on this one, the drop off triple is a pos. i wouldent say this if it wasent..

·
Banned
198 Posts
I wonder what a downhill tricycle would look like....lol. So on the poll, I got one for the 2004 Stinky, and here I got one for the 2003 stinky, im leaning twords the 2003. I need your guy's opinions!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
ok drop offs are bad but not that bad...

you cant even pull the bike up
ur a moron...dont listen to this guy thats totally rider related and you should be getting the 04...ive hucked and ridden 2 04' stinkys countless times and the drop offs suck but they do the job better than some old 6" jnr-ts...infact most things do...

·
Banned
198 Posts
hmmm, a lot of mixes reviews.lol

Can you tell me the specifics on the fork, becasuse that is what is going to help me chose.

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
Id go with the 03, that dj3 feels better than that drop off triple even if it does have an inch less of travel... I dont even know what this nonsense about not being able to pull the front end off the ground, your either a. suffering from lack of muscle, or b. suffering from lack of skill. I believe the 03 has the 20mm front wheel to match the dj3, this is good if your going to upgrade to a better DC fork since the 04 stinky has a standard quick release wheel, which meants you need buy a whole new front wheel when you decide to upgrade.

·
395 Fat Tire Council
296 Posts
For the last time, get the 03! You can upgrade the carts in the JrT and have yourself a superT for less than half of what it would cost to buy a new one.

G

·
Banshee Rider said:
Id go with the 03, that dj3 feels better than that drop off triple even if it does have an inch less of travel... I dont even know what this nonsense about not being able to pull the front end off the ground, your either a. suffering from lack of muscle, or b. suffering from lack of skill. I believe the 03 has the 20mm front wheel to match the dj3, this is good if your going to upgrade to a better DC fork since the 04 stinky has a standard quick release wheel, which meants you need buy a whole new front wheel when you decide to upgrade.
ok, i said one stupid thing, and it was pretty stupid.
Its probably cuz im used to alot of rebound.
But i would still think that the junior t is better
And you have choices with it.

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
God Damnit I Told You Alreadly Like Twice!

GOD DAMNIT. I TOLD YOU TO GET THE 03. the jrT can be at least upgraded, unlike the DOT piece of poop. so just listen to me and get the 03. youll be a much happeir man when you later come across 150 dollars and get a cartrige for ur jrT and then its a superT. great huh?

GET THE ****lNG 03! YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

just the the 03

·
Banned
198 Posts
yeah yeah yeah sam I GOT YA! lol. Screw the 2004 stinky, im going to get the 2003. now its between two different dudes who have the bike for sale and what price I can get out of them. So thanks everyone for your help. I'll go get a bike.............

1 - 20 of 136 Posts