Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...and what a blast it was.

We all met down at the confluence: Ogre, his brother Kevin, friend Kyle, Big Boulder and myself.

Started out by riding up Stagecoach, which is turning out to be my favorite way of getting close to the top. Sure, there might be downhillers coming pell-mell towards you, but this adds to the excitement.

BB and I were on our singlespeeds, and damn- they are just a blast to ride. Especially on the Connector- fast, swoopy, shady singletrack- tacky from recent rains- PERFECT!

Enough babble. Pics.

1) There's a few hard spots going up the Confluence. Several dabs happened. Not quite as dangerous as going the other way, tho. :eek:

2) Kevin on singletrack.

3) Ogre's new Titus frame he bought from JFR. Fits him good. He might just keep it, even though now it has some mud on it.

4) Coming up the singletrack. Wheeeee!

5) Steve, aka Big Boulder on his new (warranty) Cannondale 1FG.

fp

Attachments

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Old school is really new school. At least for the cool crowd. Confirmed by the fact you are riding SS. Zero maintenance, pure fun. Thanks for the pic's. IPA good.

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
Nice! thanks for the pics. Too bad we didn't run into you, or maybe better we didn't run into you on the Confluence trail. :eek:

Perfect day today, the dirt was so grippy.... We rode through the clouds early in the morning.... Everything was electric green... Now on to 8 months of dry, yellow, heat! lol.

We rode with an MTB 2nd timer, and he rolled through everything... amazing! I think he is hooked after that ride.

Which way did you come down? And did you ride the Divide Trail again like 30 mile, 5000 ft epic riding nutters?

Mr. P

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,019 Posts
Stagecoach?

Finch Platte said:
...and what a blast it was.

We all met down at the confluence: Ogre, his brother Kevin, friend Kyle, Big Boulder and myself.

Started out by riding up Stagecoach, which is turning out to be my favorite way of getting close to the top. Sure, there might be downhillers coming pell-mell towards you, but this adds to the excitement.
Well as far as I know that was the Confluence trail we rode up not Stagecoach. Stagecoach is across the river. Also I'm not certain what the top part of that trail is called but it was a cool climb in my book. My bro didn't like it on account of it not being a 'proper workout' because he didn't get his 30 minutes of boring spin that's the twisted roadie perspective coming in I guess :)

[/quote]BB and I were on our singlespeeds, and damn- they are just a blast to ride. Especially on the Connector- fast, swoopy, shady singletrack- tacky from recent rains- PERFECT![/quote]

You guys kicked SS, the trails were awesome if a touch wet for my taste, probably beautiful today.

1) There's a few hard spots going up Confluence Trail. Several dabs happened. Not quite as dangerous as going the other way, tho. :eek:

2) Kevin on singletrack.

3) Ogre's new Titus frame he bought from JFR. Fits him good. He might just keep it, even though now it has some mud on it.
I am really jazzed about the new frame it is nearly a perfect ride for me. Now I just need to get my weight down so I don't destroy the shock. I'm also working on getting a bigger shock to up the travel and lower the compression ratio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.