·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Advice appreciated.

Fork Model: 2019 Yari debonair w Charger RC2 upgrade

Usage:
fork was new this year
have been riding it 3 times a week since may.
average ride around an hour to hour and a half
14wks x 3 x 1hr = 42 - 50 hours approx.

took apart my fork to have a look at the seals, foam, etc.

Here is an image of the foam wipers from inside. For the cost of a seal kit I think i will just install a new one. Anyone think the foams should be cleaned and re-used?

local LBS (small) sold me a new seal kit. RacingBros 35mm Low Friction Seals Flangeless Kit. #RB-35-FL Looks like the correct part from internet. Anyone disagree???

Note: foams are slightly different. Seem a little thinner. I assume they will swell a little at installation.

Charger RC2:
RC2 damper full open on the high and low speed compression (rebound is still set about 8 clicks in from full open)
Should the damper move up and down perfectly smooth. Mine doesnt, its got a weird feeling inside sort of like you can feel a seal rolling over when it changes directions. it also feels rather stiff to move up and down. Id say stiffer than when new.

This sound normal??? Recommendations?

Do i run this down to the LBS (large) that sold it too me for tear down and inspect? 1hr 45min drive one way!

thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back on the trail

New seals feel as good new as the worn sram parts. Glad i didnt get the stock sram seals

Damper i suspect is fine. Will rebuild over winter. But now i can ride.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Yes, stock seals/wipers tend to have a bit of a notchy feeling to them as they are not overly smooth. I changed mine out on my Lyrik with PUSH wipers and they are a definite improvement.

Foam rings look quite dirty but probably salvageable. New ones look to be the same so might as well replace since you are already in there. I will be doing a full damper service on mine in the winter as well. Damper bleed and possible upgrade to the PUSH HC97.

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
Sometimes doing a "service" on a fairly new fork can make an immediate difference. I've seen forks when opened up for the first time with dry seals and barely any oil in the lower legs.

When I get a fork for the first time (used or new) I'll drop the legs and do an oil change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.