Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad in a flyer today for thsi bike for $899CDN. Is this a good deal? Will it be able to take jumps/drops well? What other bikes should I look at if this one isn't worth buying?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Good for the price

The rear shock is a vanilla copy with a working rebound knob. 7" of travel and the fork can be upgraded at a later date. My son has one and he loves it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We looked around and nothing came close to the Aniki for low-budget freeride. Didn't get the model up (ajiko) because the 1.5" steerer fork will be tough to recycle into another bike when it comes time for a fork upgrade. (Though the 1.5 steerer is a great idea...kudos to ironhorse for putting big head tubes on this frame series)

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
FYI, you can get reducers from FSA to turn the Big Fat Pig (1.5 headset) into a 1.5 Reducer Headset and run a normal 1 1/8" fork. Its pretty easy, or you can just find the greatest fork ever, the 6" Breakout 1.5 w/ tpc+, on Ebay.

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.