Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've never seen a yakima rack like you describe. I have seen a Thule rack like you describe and it is the Thule 927 and they don't make it anymore.

I was interested in getting a hitch rack that used a fork mount to hold the bike and decided on the Hollywood Pro Rider. I got it off amazon onsale for $200 with free shipping directly from Hollywood Racks. I haven't received it yet, but I've read mostly positive reviews on it.

Nashbar is also selling the Hollywood rack through Amazon for $150 and it comes with the optional wheel holders. Shipping is at least $35 so it's only a little cheaper then what I got it for. Nashbar had taken the sale price off of amazon when I went to order so I went with another seller on amazon instead. Nashbar also has the same deal on the website but shipping is way more expensive.

Here is a picture of the thule 927 from a classifieds ad. http://www.mborobike.com/classifi.htm
(It is already sold, I e-mailed the guy because I was interested.) Maybe this is the rack you originally saw.

Besides the racks I've already listed the draftmaster is the only other rack I've seen that is hitch mounted and uses a fork mount for the bike.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Padre - this was called the Yakima "Hitchfork" and it was discontinued in '05. I know, because I wanted one for my new '05 CR-V and could not get it, even working for a Yakima Dealer. They had about 4 or 5 they were holding onto for warranty if it was needed. Neat rack and design for a rear-mount.
eBay or Craigslist may be your only hope...

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ATBScott said:
Padre - this was called the Yakima "Hitchfork" and it was discontinued in '05. I know, because I wanted one for my new '05 CR-V and could not get it, even working for a Yakima Dealer. They had about 4 or 5 they were holding onto for warranty if it was needed. Neat rack and design for a rear-mount.
eBay or Craigslist may be your only hope...
THANKS Scott!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.