Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a Yakima cargo box this week or next. The Pro finish (silver) is applied to the Pro versions of the box and besides keeping the contents cooler than black, is it worth the extra $100 cost?

They say it is an "automotive" finish but what exactly does that mean? It may be more scratch resistant but it is on top of the car so I'm not too concerned about scratches.

Basically, are the advantages (I may not be aware of all) worth it?

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
BlueMountain said:
I'm looking to pick up a Yakima cargo box this week or next. The Pro finish (silver) is applied to the Pro versions of the box and besides keeping the contents cooler than black, is it worth the extra $100 cost?

They say it is an "automotive" finish but what exactly does that mean? It may be more scratch resistant but it is on top of the car so I'm not too concerned about scratches.

Basically, are the advantages (I may not be aware of all) worth it?
I think it's mostly just got a nicer color (which better matches my light blue/silver car) and the bugs are easier to wash off the slicker waxed surface.

On my SkyBox Pro 16, I set it on the rear end briefly to get through a narrow door. With a slight movement or twist, I managed to leave a very noticeable scratch on the back end. I may be able to polish it out, but I should have set the box on a cloth instead of concrete. Anyway, it's certainly not scratch proof.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.