Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't let the board be so quiet for so long.....
;)

'08 Salty
18/20 Semi-Custom, Quad Bearing, RP23 Shock.

A few new bits go on it, but most parts will come from the '01 Salt.

These will be a long few hours until I get home and into my Shop! :D

-Aaron

Attachments

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey all, thanks for the replies.

Quick answers, hoping to have it built up by this weekend, but... I've been asked to do some charity work and I've put that first, Gentleman lost his house, job etc, spent a few months in shelters and is now getting back on his feet, has a new job, and place to stay of his own and needs wheels to get to and from work. I'm rehabbing a bike my bro and sis in law picked up to give to him to get around on. Hoping to score good karma points ahead of the new build!:thumbsup:

Vince - Yep, I do want to put the Reba w/Maxle on it, just a matter of saving up more $$ to buy it, they ain't cheap. I may get the Pike route since a lot of folks like the Salt at 110 in the front. Not sure yet what to do there.

D-Rock - I sure hope I do, but I'm pretty sure I will! :D

Agoura - Great minds!

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
HYep, I do want to put the Reba w/Maxle on it, just a matter of saving up more $$ to buy it, they ain't cheap. I may got the Pike route since a lot of folks like the Salt at 110 in the front. Not sure yet what to do there.
I put my RS Mule (Revelation with Pike Lowers) on mine when I converted it back to 4" travel. I have to say that I think it's about the perfect fork for that set-up.

D.

·
Shot Down in Flames...
1,218 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
Hmmm, can I put Pike lowers on my current Reba then? That would solve ALL my problems!

-A
You can, but you wind up with less travel. With the Pike lowers, my Revelation is 92-122mm instead of 100-130. The Reba's lowers are even shorter, so I'm not sure where you would end up.

Someone did what you describe on a Turner Flux. Check the T forum. IMO, at your size you should buy a used Rev and a set of Pike lowers and go the Mule route for cheap.

D.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
D-Rock said:
You can, but you wind up with less travel. With the Pike lowers, my Revelation is 92-122mm instead of 100-130. The Reba's lowers are even shorter, so I'm not sure where you would end up.

Someone did what you describe on a Turner Flux. Check the T forum. IMO, at your size you should buy a used Rev and a set of Pike lowers and go the Mule route for cheap.

D.
So does the fact that I don't have Air U-Turn screw up that conversion, Or I gues it means I'm stuck at what the all travel spacers net me. I don't mind "only" have 100-110 total travel.

I see it's time to dive into the SRAM manuals... This will be fun!

Thanks for the tips.

-A

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
D-Rock said:
Here's the post from the Turner forum
http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=1857696&postcount=78

apparently the 85-115mm Reba Ututn went to 75-100mm with the Pike lowers.

I love the Salty with my Pike @110mm....though I am seriously thinking about the new Reba TA or the new Fox F120 with QR 15 to knock a bit of weight :ihih:

·