Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
motoman711 said:
Got these from Brad last night. Ok, so the color did not turn out as expected. What do you all think?
color looks great - i like the matte finish look

? for you about the fork - is it a susp corrected one? Spoke w/ Brad a month or so ago and it was sounding like he had the new longer fork legs on order. Considering have him build up a susp corrected fork for the new ride, would rather use the new longer blades instead of plugging the dropouts to get the longer length.

Anywho - the Wily looks great

Cheers,

D

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alta825 said:
color looks great - i like the matte finish look

? for you about the fork - is it a susp corrected one? Spoke w/ Brad a month or so ago and it was sounding like he had the new longer fork legs on order. Considering have him build up a susp corrected fork for the new ride, would rather use the new longer blades instead of plugging the dropouts to get the longer length.

Anywho - the Wily looks great

Cheers,

D
nope, non-suspension-corrected.

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AllRounder said:
Hold off on judging that color until you see it in person- digi cams do bizarro things to colors. It is a hot frame, regardless!

-AR
Yeah, I am sure that it will look better in real life. I have a feeling that it will be more burnt orange without a flash on it. The only issue is that I currently live in Toronto. Shipping back is a huge hassle.

·
pepito
640 Posts
as echoed by the other guys, that's one hot frame. i think the color is great, and the rest of the frame is beautiful.

one quick question about the fork dropouts (sorry if it's been asked before), but what's the logic behind forward facing DO's?

the_dude

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
A good way to save on dentist bills

The backwards DO's are to keep the wheel in place when using the front (disc) brake. In rare circumstances, you can actually pull the front wheel out with conventional dropouts, especially if they don't have the little lawyer tabs on them.

Some people don't like the look, but it's functionally excellent.

-Walt

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the_dude said:
as echoed by the other guys, that's one hot frame. i think the color is great, and the rest of the frame is beautiful.

one quick question about the fork dropouts (sorry if it's been asked before), but what's the logic behind forward facing DO's?

the_dude
On disk brake wheels the direction of the braking forces exerted on the axle is downward. I don't know why fork manufacturers haven't worked this out yet. Even on disk specific forks they still have downward facing dropouts.

·
Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr
747 Posts
Great Panel Design

I'm trying to figure out how to deck out my Wily recycling project and am looking at all the paint options. What was the upcharge for that panel job? How did you let Spectrum know what color you were shooting for? Did you give em the Nissan paint code?

Anyway, it looks sweet- enjoy.

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Singletrack Pig said:
I'm trying to figure out how to deck out my Wily recycling project and am looking at all the paint options. What was the upcharge for that panel job? How did you let Spectrum know what color you were shooting for? Did you give em the Nissan paint code?

Anyway, it looks sweet- enjoy.
I designed the panels myself and gave them the artistic license to tweak it

Attachments

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wooglin said:
You keep saying that, and yet you keep doing it, forcing everyone to scroll back and forth across the screen to read the rest of the replies.
I have to agree. That really bugs

·
Registered
410 Posts
Walt said:
The backwards DO's are to keep the wheel in place when using the front (disc) brake. In rare circumstances, you can actually pull the front wheel out with conventional dropouts, especially if they don't have the little lawyer tabs on them.

Some people don't like the look, but it's functionally excellent.

-Walt
I'm glad you, Wily and Kelly are on the case here. Have you ever tried mounting the caliper on the front of the fork so the reaction at the axle is upward?

·
Appalachian Singletrack'n
1,444 Posts
That’s a sweet frame, I think Spectrum did you right this looks tons better than the car color you posted or that lens bike IMHO. I love the panels as well. From the few bikes I have seen and my own experience spectrum tends to take a little artistic license on color and layout from what customers ask for and their interpretation is usually for the better.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
wooglin said:
You keep saying that, and yet you keep doing it, forcing everyone to scroll back and forth across the screen to read the rest of the replies.
In Internet Explorer right click on the photo and select "Zoom Out". Shrinks the bugger and aligns all the replies.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.