Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I have been on a 2017 XXL Fuel for 1.5 years. Generally no complaints. It is not as playful as my 2017 Jet 9, but is a much better fit. At 6'5" I will not go back to an ETT less than 680 or reach less than 500+.

I have noticed my uphill times are not quite as fast as the previous Jet 9. I ride mine with 140mm fork and low position. I see some folks not happy with the 74 degree seat angle. Generally, I have been ok with it, but wondering if I am missing out on a better climbing bike? Other XXL Fuel riders try something else they were more satisfied with? Looking forward to seeing what the new 2020 Hightower and Fuels bring to the table.

My dilemma is that I am receiving a new warranty frame this week and considering selling and waiting for the new versions or just building up and riding (will be on my fattie if I wait). Who knows, maybe trek drops the XXL from the fleet...

Appreciate any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Tough one. Sell now before hype of new bikes come out. That will drop price. Use the bike. That w drop price. I waited for new stumpy to come out only to see they dropped xxl. Most manufacturers seem to be dropping as they feel long reach fits tall people. But nope. Glad to see someone else recognize ettl has a meaning to us tall guys. Besides just reach. Id contact santa cruz and see what they are doing w next trail machine.

·
T
83 Posts
If it helps any, they just added XXL to the carbon top fuel 2020 lineup...maybe they add the XXL in carbon for the fuel ex too??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts