Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Colorado have one of these? Either private party or shop. Would like to get a look at one and size fit. I hear they run a little small and want to make sure of the size before I order.
Shawn

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
LOL man. You can't help yourself can you? :p Ha, you just got 2 new bikes, but you've been dreaming about that Tallboy for quite some time now.

You sure you wouldn't fit on an XL? It's got a 25 inch top tube and a 21 inch seat tube. The XXL is 25.9" TT and 22.5" ST. You're big, but you aint THAT big.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is my issue....I just want to make sure I get the right frame. 6'3 250 ish and hope that the xl isn't too small. The blur is kinda small but very rideable, and the 1st C'dale flash (2010)was perfect but the caffeine(2008) seems small. All xl frames. Looks like I need to pull more data and put it in a form so I can compare. I love the 29er platform, but the blur is kick ass, so maybe the tallboy will mate the two. :).

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
At 6'3" I'd put you on an XL at first blush. But it could kind of depend what type of riding you will be doing, your riding style, etc.
For peace of mind, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to get TT measurements off the bikes you really liked to compare.
The tallboy is an incredibly fun, fast bike. Get some good brakes on it. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.