Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i got a good deal on a xx1 dub eagle crankset on ebay and snatched it right away without thinking if its compatible with a chris king threadfit 30 that i have already ordered for a santa cruz highball.

well, parts came together today and my friend who is building up the bike for me does not think my CK bottom bracket and my SRAM DUB crankset is compatible. is this really the case? i've now read and searched and realized the DUB cransket is 29mm in contrast to the usual 30mm which i thought would fit the CK threadfit 30.

if im screwed? how screwed am i? i cant return the cransket but i can return the CK BOTTOM BRACKET (also got the conversion kit and bottom bracket tool too :madman::madman::madman:).

what are my bottom bracket options? this is what ive convinced myself to work so far
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-bracke...9mm-abec-3-bb-for-sram-dub-cranks-black.html# and looks like ive read good reviews so far about wheelsmfg.

please pardon my utter ignorance. just got so much eagerness putting together a new ride after 7 years.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
It is not compatible. Sram and only a couple of companies make DUB standard bb...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
626 Posts
You could email or call CK, but I don't think they have a DUB adapter for their BB's yet. They've said they will release one for what it's worth... just sell the DUB cranks and pick up some eeWings, good to go

But seriously, if you're using those cranks the stock SRAM DUB bb's are nice. I love how the spacers click into the bearing shields, it's really damn slick.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,134 Posts
DUB means the 28.9 or whatever mm spindle size, so yes, you are screwed. THe non-dub non-boost Eagle cranksets are rather rare and not being produced anymore. I have one, but they are not showing up new anymore. 11spd would probably work just fine, but again, new products may be scarce.

·
Registered
302 Posts
DUB means the 28.9 or whatever mm spindle size, so yes, you are screwed. THe non-dub non-boost Eagle cranksets are rather rare and not being produced anymore. I have one, but they are not showing up new anymore. 11spd would probably work just fine, but again, new products may be scarce.
Isn't the boost part of XX1 cranks all in the DM chainring? either a 3mm (boost) or 6mm (non) offset?

It is for my 2 sets anyway...

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,134 Posts
Yes, but not for all manufacturers.

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
The important question is why on Earth would you need a 30mm BB for a Santa Cruz Highball. It's threaded bb. Which will fit a DUB. You said you had already ordered the BB before the crank. Why would you order a 30mm BB unless you are running a Raceface crank. Send back the stupid overpriced BB and buy a cheap normal DUB threaded bb. Why on Earth you ordered a 30mm Chris King bb without the strict intenion of running a Raceface next sleeping crank is mind blowing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The important question is why on Earth would you need a 30mm BB for a Santa Cruz Highball. It's threaded bb. Which will fit a DUB. You said you had already ordered the BB before the crank. Why would you order a 30mm BB unless you are running a Raceface crank. Send back the stupid overpriced BB and buy a cheap normal DUB threaded bb. Why on Earth you ordered a 30mm Chris King bb without the strict intenion of running a Raceface next sleeping crank is mind blowing.
well, thank you for your very productive input. it really shows how mature and wise you are. i do apologize for wasting your time.

...... just looked up and saw your username. now i think im the one wasting my time replying. thanks just the same.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could email or call CK, but I don't think they have a DUB adapter for their BB's yet. They've said they will release one for what it's worth... just sell the DUB cranks and pick up some eeWings, good to go

But seriously, if you're using those cranks the stock SRAM DUB bb's are nice. I love how the spacers click into the bearing shields, it's really damn slick.
thanks. i did call CK and they did confirm a conversion kit is coming this August. but just decided on the Wheels MFG.
https://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-bracke...29mm-abec-3-bb-for-sram-dub-cranks-black.html

thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the reason is, Chris King makes a great BB and implies that they have an adaptor kit to fit all mountain cranks. They certainly do not state they do not make one for DUB cranks. I am currently building up an Eagle AXS XX1 drive train but the SRAM BB doesn't come across as equivalent to the XX1 components. I also nearly purchased the CK ceramic, but when researching the available adaptors, found this thread.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.