Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hmmmmm. I wonder if the XO-1 would have the same spindle/crank interface? Can someone verify? I'm looking for a 100mm option in a carbon crank with 175mm arms...

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm interested in giving this a try. What Q factor are those cranks? What frame did you put them on and how did they fit? I'm curious if this would work with the narrower 156q cranks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
since i had a xx1 crank i was not using,it was cheaper to buy the spindle instead of a new crank :)
This is good info. My question is how did you get the xx1 spindle out? I thought the axle was pressed in on the drive side? I only have the gxp version so I am not sure if itis different from the bb30. Thanks

-Nolan

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm interested in giving this a try. What Q factor are those cranks? What frame did you put them on and how did they fit? I'm curious if this would work with the narrower 156q cranks.
I am about to put them on a fb-02 chinese frame,dont know the Q factor

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not pressed on the bb30.i had to use alot of force to screw it off, and a rubber mallet to punch out the spindle.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,585 Posts
Hmmmmm. I wonder if the XO-1 would have the same spindle/crank interface? Can someone verify? I'm looking for a 100mm option in a carbon crank with 175mm arms...

Thanks!
THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

What is that blue vehicle in your avatar image?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,

I tried the same, but I think it isn't that simple.
The spindle fits perfectly, and the solution is some ~30gr lighter than the genuine XX1 GXP crank for fatbikes. But the q-factor is way to big for 170mm rears. Perhaps this works with a 190mm rear or you must look for the smaller Q-156 version of the BB30 crank. I had only the wider version with q-168.
(the shown race face spindle is the 170mm version and the gxp XX1 also)
(The weight of the BB30 version with race face spindle is about 475gr.)

Bicycle part Line Metal Bicycle accessory Steel Carbon Metal Bicycle accessory Tool Steel

1 - 20 of 72 Posts