Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 cannondale frame and just bought a XX1 drivetrain, everything went okay then the installing of the crank began.
It is a 73mm frame.

We did it as the SRAM manual said. But the crank arms started to hit the chain stays, so we decided to put a spacer on the non-drive side and the drive side hit the frame, so we put both the spacers and everything seem to be perfect, when I went to test it, there was a little play in the crank spindle, like 1mm.

What do I do? If I put the spacers, there is play in the cranks, and if I take them out, the crank arms hit the frame.

It is a 156q XX1 crankset but from what I've read, it is compatible with this frame.

Please help! I'm losing riding days!:madmax:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
That doesn't seem to make sense. If you added spacers that shouldn't be there and then torqued the drive side bolt properly there shouldn't be play. You should be side loading the BB30 bearings and I would expect a lot of turning resistance.
I'd say the 156 doesn't work. When you have the cranks set so they don't hit the chain stay, what q-factor do you measure?
Looking at the SRAM instructions, isn't there a preload adjuster on the drive side that would take up the 1mm side play you feel?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the spacers are on and tight properly there is play on the cranks, but there is a lot of turning resistance as well.

It might be that the q156 doesn't work.

And about the preload adjuster, how does it work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts