Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new xtr external bb crankset on my bike. The problem is,if it is installed as per instructions , it should have two spacers on the drive side. If I do this then the xt front derailler does'nt seem to have enough throw for the outer chainring. If I only go with one spacer the crank comes pretty close to my chainstay.Anybody have this problem before? Does an xtr fd have more throw?

· Registered
23,745 Posts
doncoyote said:
I just installed a new xtr external bb crankset on my bike. The problem is,if it is installed as per instructions , it should have two spacers on the drive side. If I do this then the xt front derailler does'nt seem to have enough throw for the outer chainring. If I only go with one spacer the crank comes pretty close to my chainstay.Anybody have this problem before? Does an xtr fd have more throw?
What generation XT fd do u have? Cuz I think the older M750 may have that problem, but I do believe ive seen the M760 work with the xtr crank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.