Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the XTR 965 wheelset with XTR center-lock rotor combo still squeal? I'm looking to purchase a new wheelset and I like the XTR wheels. Is the XT rotor a better choice for this setup?

Can you build wheels with XTR hubs, XT rotor, Mavic 32 hole 819 tubeless rims, 14/15 DB and AL nipples as light as the XTR wheelset?

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
OffRoadRoadie said:
Does the XTR 965 wheelset with XTR center-lock rotor combo still squeal? I'm looking to purchase a new wheelset and I like the XTR wheels. Is the XT rotor a better choice for this setup?

Can you build wheels with XTR hubs, XT rotor, Mavic 32 hole 819 tubeless rims, 14/15 DB and AL nipples as light as the XTR wheelset?
I really don't think it is worth the money purchasing a Shimano wheelset. Propriety wheelsets generally suck and cost much more in the long run over time. I believe the XT rotor is a good way to go las I heard.

Don't know if it is lighter, or the same weight or slightly more, but you can build up a better, stronger, more reliable better value wheelset using:
Either: DT Swiss or Shimano or King Hubs (No center lock)
Either: DT Supercomp or Sapim CX-Ray spokes
And: Mavic 819 tubeless rims.

I think even if the weight is either, similar or different a custom wheelset, much much better than a factory wheelset, and I think most will agree on this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.