Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get one of the two wheelsets. i am currently running a stumpjumper pro hardtail with XTR/XT Sid Team, XTR Disc brakes, etc etc.
any pros, any cons
experiences with either,
problems,
anthing,
i am looking at both equally.

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
hey dude

htims_nivek said:
I am looking to get one of the two wheelsets. i am currently running a stumpjumper pro hardtail with XTR/XT Sid Team, XTR Disc brakes, etc etc.
any pros, any cons
experiences with either,
problems,
anthing,
Try posting this thread in the Wheels and TIres forum and I bet you you'll get more replies...here its more passion based than anything.

·
Registered
79 Posts
htims_nivek said:
any pros, any cons
experiences with either,
problems,
anthing,
I've had the SLs for about 11/2 years and think they're great. Mountain Bike Action reviewed the '04 Ellsworth Truth in their Nov. or Dec. '03 issue. It was equipped with the XTRs and they made negative comments about their lack of stiffness.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Food for thought.

As I always say for the money you are going to spend on "fancy" looking wheels, you could could build a killer wheelset with the likes of king hubs - Stiffer, more reliable, easier to repair if need be and of similar weight.

Trevor!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts