Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm currently on the XTR M9120 4-pot brakes. Probably the best brakes I've ever tried. Modulation is a lot better than the Saint, even if it feels like it actually IS more powerful than the Saint.

Rider weight is 140 lbs, used it on DH and enduro trails riding on a Kona Process.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong either way. I'm 190 lbs and probably wear 10 lbs of gear and my 4-pot XT brakes stop me wonderfully.

I've always thought the jump from XT to XTR was in the zone of diminished returns for a lot of $. If you can get a good deal on it, go for it. If you're paying full retail, go for it too but realize XT is hardly any "worse".

·
NedwannaB
12,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have the reg 8000 XTs on my xc 29r. The XTRs are reg trail (9000 series?). They are slightly used and are less than $200 for the set. No rotors, will have to bleed with install. Heard the hot ticket for someone like me is XT 4 piston front, reg in rear.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I assume you are talking about XTR 9120 4POTs.

Best brake I have ever owned. I slapped the brakes on my bike, cut the lines and bled in about 20min and they ride borderline perfect out of the box. I am so impressed with these brakes. I will say this even if cliche....these brakes let me ride faster because I have confidence not just in slowing down, but how I will slow down....under control. They are still Shimano in feel (I had Magura MT7 before this), but way more modulation and the power is downright crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.