·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,287 Posts
iClique said:
Here's a pic of my XTR Shadow on my Ibis Mojo

btw... I went with the FSA K-Force Light Cranks instead of the XTR Cranks

More pics here:
https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=477532
i just dig seeing those pics wherever you are posting them!

my most recent build, also with XTR but fully dressed in XTR, is not nearly as bling but with some overlap and I can only guess that I paid what your frame alone runs (retail anyway) :p

for what its worth, i am sold on shimano stuff...was forced to go with shimano build kit to obtain my pricing and have to say i am extremely please and am no longer a SRAM-whore

i am extremely impressed with all of the parts to include brakes, hubs, etc..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IAmtnbikr said:
Good Lord. Shorten the cables and hoses up and take some new photos please.
Hey! C'mon... you know the story about the cables already!

Yes new pics coming! I don't take out the Nikon D3 on all my rides it's HEAVY!

Attachments

·
More carbon fiber please!
684 Posts
iClique said:
Hey! C'mon... you know the story about the cables already!

Yes new pics coming! I don't take out the Nikon D3 on all my rides it's HEAVY!
Just giving you a bad time about the cables... all in fun. ;)

Why drag a D3 out and risk that, lol. Get what I did for a fraction of the price and yet probably 80% of the performance. Save the nice one for when it's needed. The D40X works nicely and I'm still learning how everything operates. I was strictly a manual-focus 35mm film guy until this camera caught my eye. Usually use the basic 18-55 lens, and also got a 55-200 VR along with SB-600. That stuff and a couple of Fong diffusers is about all I need for now. Eventually I'll pop for some nicer glass. At this time the camera outperforms me. :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IAmtnbikr said:
Why drag a D3 out and risk that, lol.
I bought a small Sony camera, but the quality is nowhere near as good as you can see from the photo below. It was getting a little dark when I took that pic, so we'll see how it does on a sunny day.

Attachments

·
More carbon fiber please!
684 Posts
You can pick up the D40X for around $400 or so. It's a nice entry-level DSLR and has enough features to do pretty much all I need out of a camera. The only bad deal I had was when I went up to Green Bay for the Packers/Bears game and forgot that I'd left the 18-55 on... and the 55-200 was sitting at home... 6 hours away, lol. I made do with what I brought. I shot in a format that let me crop the photos so they still were decent to enlarge for prints. Just a little grainier but nothing horrible for 5" x 7" prints.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.