Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are you referring to the Extralite Gara? If so, yes. I am on my second Gara and think it is brilliant. It shifts fantastically and is very light. Mine weighs 77gm without bolts.
Advantages of Gara = great shifting, lightweight, great chainline on 3x9 spider without the need for spacers, super easy to fit.
Disadvantages = cannot replace single ring as rings are factory joined, and thus cannot change a single ring to suit requirements (e.g. change the 28t to 27t or 26t if course is particularly hilly), inner ring wears quickly (it a lightweight exotic part after all!), not cheap.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmaaaiiikkk said:
Are you referring to the Extralite Gara? If so, yes. I am on my second Gara and think it is brilliant. It shifts fantastically and is very light. Mine weighs 77gm without bolts.
Advantages of Gara = great shifting, lightweight, great chainline on 3x9 spider without the need for spacers, super easy to fit.
Disadvantages = cannot replace single ring as rings are factory joined, and thus cannot change a single ring to suit requirements (e.g. change the 28t to 27t or 26t if course is particularly hilly), inner ring wears quickly (it a lightweight exotic part after all!), not cheap.
Yup, I was referring to the Gara. The info is much appreciated....I think I'll go ahead with the conversion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.