Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Use an M970 on my racer -x currently. like the crisp shifting and easy set-up. But it is a crud catcher. It lierally acts as a plate for collecting crap.

At a recent 12 hour, i had to wash it off every other lap to get it working for granny. ended up carrying an extra water bottle to wash it off on a flat straight where I had an easy spin.

What is the M971 like for shifting? I have never used one. My old 952 in a high clamp was OK but not as crisp as a low bracket version.

Cheers
michael

Attachments

·
Cyclist of Borg
234 Posts
i have the 971. it shifts very smooth and never gets too cruddy, though i have a jekyll and it sits like a foot off the ground

·
Registered
974 Posts
If your frame can fit the 970, that style shifts better. But a lot of frames can't use that style and need the swing design of the 971. What type is on the bike now? top swing or bottom swing?. What about the pull? Top pull or bottom pull?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.