Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is their a problem putting a sram (9.0)cassette with a xtr (960)crankset ?

I changed out my cranks and will change the cassette latter ,but im not sure if the problem im having with chain hop in the chain (too long)or cassette not matching..

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
naconst said:

I changed out my cranks and will change the cassette latter ,but im not sure if the problem im having with chain hop in the chain (too long)or cassette not matching..
There are no problems running a SRAM cassette and XTR cranks.

Is changing the crankset the only thing you did?

How old is the chain? Old chains won't work very well on new cogs or chainrings.

·
fart knocker
103 Posts
naconst said:

chain is probably stretched out causing it to ride up on the tops of the cassette teeth, then hopping back into place. you should definitely replace the chain with a new one. route the new chain around the big crank ring and big cassette cog but not through the rear derailleur and add 2 links. discard the rest of the unused chain links. if the cassette is old you should replace it to, as the teeth would be worn to match the old chain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.