Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you take:
1. XTR 965 / 966 calipers with XT levers (non dual control - running X0 triggers) and goodridge hoses
2. Standard Juicy 7 (or Juicy 7 carbon)

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
If you buy the Juicy 7

ryan123 said:
Which would you take:
1. XTR 965 / 966 calipers with XT levers (non dual control - running X0 triggers) and goodridge hoses
2. Standard Juicy 7 (or Juicy 7 carbon)
I would buy some new rotors and hoses because both suck on the Juicys. The cool thing about the Juicy's is you can get 'em at Pricepoint.com for $119.95 right now. Throw in some Goodridge hoses and some rotors. I would buy the Hayes' $24 ones and the Goodridge lines.

Jaybo

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Juicy 5 is $119.95

Jaybo said:
I would buy some new rotors and hoses because both suck on the Juicys. The cool thing about the Juicy's is you can get 'em at Pricepoint.com for $119.95 right now. Throw in some Goodridge hoses and some rotors. I would buy the Hayes' $24 ones and the Goodridge lines.

Jaybo
I'm pretty sure it's the Juicy 5 at $119.95, at least that's what comes up when I search the site. The Juicy 7 is $159.95. Still a good price on the 5's.

If I were choosing, I'd avoid the hassles of the Juicy 7. Too many posts about stuttering and squeaking. Granted, people have found workarounds, but should they have to? Not in my world. I'd take the XT/XTR combo in this scenario.

Just my thoughts.

Bob

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I currently have some XT calipers, levers with goodridge hoses. Am looking to upgrade one more time, and am trying to work out whether to get juicy's or just get some xtr calipers and put them on my current setup and sell the xt calipers... i was originally thinking mono mini or martas, but have heard quite a few negative things about these systems too...

Does ANY company make a great brake????

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
What XT's do you have? The 765's? If thats the case why do you want to upgrade? The only reason to go XTR is to save weight. Functionally the XT and XTR calipers are the same and performance is identical. The XTR caliper is just slimmer so it weighs less. The IS mount version is even lighter because it requires no adapter and two bolts less if you have a fork with IS mounts. I don't think going from XT's to Juicy's is an upgrade. Unless you're not happy with them its a change just for the sake of changing. Their weight and performance is virtually identical. In this case at least with the XTR's you shave off a few grams but I'd say invest the money elsewhere.

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Nope! Check it out at Pricepoint

Call_me_Clyde said:
I'm pretty sure it's the Juicy 5 at $119.95, at least that's what comes up when I search the site. The Juicy 7 is $159.95. Still a good price on the 5's.

If I were choosing, I'd avoid the hassles of the Juicy 7. Too many posts about stuttering and squeaking. Granted, people have found workarounds, but should they have to? Not in my world. I'd take the XT/XTR combo in this scenario.

Just my thoughts.

Bob
The Juicy 7 is $119. I would also rather have a XT/XTR combo.

Jaybo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.