Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can cranks arms be purchased seperately rather than buying the entire crankset.. probably a silly question but i just want crankarms without rings and BB.

·
ups and downs
15,600 Posts
Not really, but if you buy them through Chain Reaction Cycles, the cost for the complete crankset is about what you'd pay for the replacement rings and BB bearings in North America. And you could sure sell the chainrings as spares. Just a note though, if you're thinking of using a granny gear, the mounting standoff height is not the same as other cranks, the XTR granny is a lot thicker than others.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rockyuphill said:
Not really, but if you buy them through Chain Reaction Cycles, the cost for the complete crankset is about what you'd pay for the replacement rings and BB bearings in North America. And you could sure sell the chainrings as spares. Just a note though, if you're thinking of using a granny gear, the mounting standoff height is not the same as other cranks, the XTR granny is a lot thicker than others.
Thanks for the quick reply rockyuphill although that wasn't the answer i wanted to hear..lol
I'm dropping the granny and running a 2x9 setup:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.