Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just converted to Eagle AXS and I like it. However, I'm wondering if shifting could be even smoother (prefer Shimano's less clunky shift quality) with better shifting under power if I utilized a 9100 XTR cassette and chain but kept the AXS derailleur/shifter. Best of both worlds? Have a DT 240 rear hub so no issues switching to Microspline driver but want to know if this combo works and if the above mentioned benefits are realized. Anybody try this? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think instead of the best of both world's you'd have two systems that aren't optimized to go with each other. I haven't tried it personally but judging by the countless threads covering the subject I'm guessing you won't be left with the magic you're searching for. Personally as soon as my $400 eagle cassette wears out or I break another xo1 derailleur I'm going full xtr

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
You can.
I had both systems...but recently sold the bike with AXS.
I played swap with cassettes and chains....including a KMC 12 speed chain.
Bottom line: they all worked fine.
The difference in shifting....if there is any...is minute.
Both systems....and just about any modern group....shifts amazing when new and set up correctly.
Of course.....if you drink the marketing Kool-aide....Groupo A shifts 11.73267% bettererer than Groupo B....and can only be used with parts from Groupo A or you cat will get asscancer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.