Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI everybody. I have done a bunch of searching and have learned alot from other posts, but was hoping I might get some more specific thoughts. I have 970 XTR cranks and want to switch to a 36-24 bashguard setup. I know a 36 tooth XTR chainring doesnt exist. Can I use a 24 XTR and a 36 XT setup? Is there any fitment problems? If you have used this setup, I would love to here your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yes...the 36 XT/771 ring will bolt right on. And the shifting is great.It's also pretty cheap....but weighs a little more than the XTR.
You will have to get shorter bolts...or use the stockers with a bash guard.

·
um hmmm
151 Posts
What do you consider a 'micro' crankset?

You original post makes no sense unless you are talking about standard and compact bolt circle diameters, but that only applies to 5-bolt chainrings. 4 bolt rings and cranks only have 1 bolt circle diameter that is 'standard'

shimano did for a while use their own BCD for previous model XTR but current XTR runs a standard 4 bolt setup.

Pisgah you cant just make up your own terminology to describe things. I know people like you who don't understand things like to make up their own terms but you must remember when you make up your own terms you have to explain to others what you mean.

My guess is Pisgah is just trolling.....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I might have been wrong (as I admitted), but my post was not a throw away one liner at the expense of another. Moreover, my post was not completely unintelligible.

If you read this whole thread and your responses, it is obvious that you are the troll.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Is the shifting profile/ramps on the XT middle chainring the same as on the XTR? Did you notice a difference in shifting performance after (considering that the bigger 36 teeth ring makes for a bigger gap for the chain to move)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.