Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do y’all think? Will it be any issue at all?

I’m getting a Wahoo Kickr, and run Shimano 12 speed. Pretty much the only way to set it up is to run a NX cassette on the HG driver.

I know it’ll work, but do you think I’ll be putting any undue stress on my chain, since those things are like gold these days? It’s not like I’m going to be doing much shifting under power.

thnx

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It should work, but not smoothly. The Shimano XTR hyperglide chain has tighter tolerances than does the Sram chain and doesn't work smoothly with Sram gearing. You'd be better off running a Sram chain.
Ok. Chains are easy to change theses days, so the next question would be - how well does a SRAM chain play with a HG+ chainring.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok. Chains are easy to change theses days, so the next question would be - how well does a SRAM chain play with a HG+ chainring.
Late last year I ran a Sram X01 chain for a few months with an HG+ chainring along with an XT derailleur and cassette and it worked fairly well. At the time I was unable to get an HG+ chain and my LBS had the X01 in stock so I gave it a try with their assurance that it would be fine. It ran fairly smooth and shifted OK, but certainly not as well as a complete HG+ system. I have since gone back to an XTR chain. I think that for what you're doing you'll be fine with the Sram chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.