Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tripped the trigger on a 2011 XTC 1 today:) This has been a very tough decision. I had it narrowed down to the XTC 1 and a Paragon. I think I would have been happy with either, but the Paragon shop just seemed like they did not care if I bought or not, so I went with the Giant dealer who has been my LBS for years.

I think I got a pretty good deal. The bike listed for $2K and we settled on $1743. With Tax it ended at $1897.

The bike will be here in about a week. The bad news is that I am having abdominal surgery next Friday and will be off any bike for a month. Part of the reason i did this now was to have a treat for myself when i recover, and I felt like the LBS was at it's winter hungriest:thumbsup:

Like a thread earlier this month, I have struggled with the issue of Stand Over Height. The shop I bought from did not have any XTC 1, but did have a M & L in the 2011 XTC 2, which is the same frame. My guy parts do touch a bit more than my current bike (GT Peace 9r). Not singing at a higher pitch touching, but more. I then tested the medium and I could hardly tell a difference in "hang pressure":p But, the medium cockpit felt claustrophobic, even after adjusting the seat back. Also, I am going to have to put a riser on the stem because of my short (fat) torso, and the medium would have even gotten more cramped.

I plan on adding Azonic 420's, Ergon Grips, and raised bars in place of the flats that it comes with. Pics will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my XTC1 on friday, After much deliberation and assistance from the forum went with the 15.5. Love it perfect fit.Got it for $1850 rec retail was $2399 due to exchange rate giant has dropped rec retail in AUS to $2000

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.