839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neither, 24mm Mav hub.

thanks
wayne

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Wayne, assuming it is a Mav fork (only one that takes its hub), from the fork manual, they only say it has IS mounts. so, as lebikeboy implied with his question, you have 2 possibilities
the standard adapter for QR (some 20mm forks use QR adapters like the Pike) or one for 20mm forks.

the one for QR forks is the following:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13746

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crisillo said:
Wayne, assuming it is a Mav fork (only one that takes its hub), from the fork manual, they only say it has IS mounts. so, as lebikeboy implied with his question, you have 2 possibilities
Yes and Mav fork, Im not understanding the diff between the qr and 20mm? So both will work w/my fork and caliper? Which do you recommend?

Thanks
wayne

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
wayneosdias said:
Yes and Mav fork, Im not understanding the diff between the qr and 20mm? So both will work w/my fork and caliper? Which do you recommend?

Thanks
wayne
The difference is that some 20mm forks like Marzocchi need a thicker adapter hence the "20mm designation", the "offset" of the mount holes is the same, just the thickness that changes between both adapters...

I would expect that the QR version would do it (the one I posted a picture of), but I cannot guarantee it, since I don't own the fork...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, now I get it. Ill probably call Maverick to be sure.

Thanks Again
wayne

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crisillo said:
Anytime! Glad to help.... would be good if you post what Maverick recommends, so that future users know too ;)
The QR version per Ethan at Mav

wayne

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fsrxc said:
a2z makes one that might be a lot cheaper than the Shimano adapter.
Mine was ~$15cdn.
which one and what fork? I tried an a2z w/a marz marathon and couldn get it to work w/o milling the adapter a little, I dint feel comfortable w/it so I abandonded it.

wayne

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i got the adapter today and it does not fit the Mav :madman:

wayne

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
wayneosdias said:
Well i got the adapter today and it does not fit the Mav :madman:

wayne
Auch.. that's weird..considering that Mav confirmed that it should.... which is the part number on the adapter you got???

How does it not fit?? the rotor hits??

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crisillo said:
Auch.. that's weird..considering that Mav confirmed that it should.... which is the part number on the adapter you got???

How does it not fit?? the rotor hits??
Mav confirmed the hub spacing which is for QR. The seller confirmed that the adapter fit the Mav brake tab, which it does not. In the sellers words,

"This is the QR adapter and it will mount to the fork fine. If you have verified the allignment of the hub, you sould be good to go with this kit."

I emailed the seller, but havnt heard back yet. I have a Marz Marathon that I think itll fit, but I dont really use or care of that fork. I just wanna refund at this point.

wayne

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
wayneosdias said:
Mav confirmed the hub spacing which is for QR. The seller confirmed that the adapter fit the Mav brake tab, which it does not. In the sellers words,

"This is the QR adapter and it will mount to the fork fine. If you have verified the allignment of the hub, you sould be good to go with this kit."

I emailed the seller, but havnt heard back yet. I have a Marz Marathon that I think itll fit, but I dont really use or care of that fork. I just wanna refund at this point.

wayne
Completely understand your point... since you just got it you should get a refund without question... Good luck, Cris!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
crisillo said:
Completely understand your point... since you just got it you should get a refund without question... Good luck, Cris!
I just a reply from the guy, he was cool about it and said he'll refund it.

wayne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.