Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any intel US availability for XT m8100 stuff? Jenson has been given the run around, started July 1st, then it was next week then its early August. WWC said they're hoping for Sept/ Oct. but nothing concrete...it's starting to look like another XTR release.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have effectively the entire group set on backorder through jenson. You’re right in that the dates keep creeping back. I just looked and the few items I checked are showing 7/21 (most recently I saw 7/19). Did they tell you August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I have most the drivetrain on back order...last week they told me early this week...yesterday they said "hopefully" early August, every time I've asked its been a different answer. WWC and Competitive Cyclist both said Shimano is being very vague with dates but said probably not till Sept/ Oct, maybe.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
That’s a bummer as they outright said, at the time of launch, that XT & SLX wouldn’t have the same delays that XTR did.

Oddly, jenson isn’t shipping my dt swiss freehub that is showing as in stock. Odds are that when the m8100 stuff does show, these freehubs will be out of stock.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Got my xt 4 pot brakeset from Probike supply. You could order from pbs or call worldwide cyclery

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Mfg may be getting product first----Trek has released the 2020 Remedy in Europe with full xt 12 speed and the LBS's have it in stock---and Pivot is hoping to have the kit on full builds in August----but who knows

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Seems that jenson keeps pushing the availability date out to be 5 days from the current date. Yesterday the date was 7/22, today they’re showing 7/23

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Finding companies from overseas to sell shimano is getting harder and harder. Prob best not to mention it here.

Otherwise plenty of Shimano on eBay getting shipped from China for reasonable prices.

I am pissed that DT Swiss is also cracking down on shipping hubs for Europe to the US as well. I have grown used to paying low-$200 range for DT 240s. No way in hell will I pay $400+ here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ouch!!!

Finding companies from overseas to sell shimano is getting harder and harder. Prob best not to mention it here.

Otherwise plenty of Shimano on eBay getting shipped from China for reasonable prices.

I am pissed that DT Swiss is also cracking down on shipping hubs for Europe to the US as well. I have grown used to paying low-$200 range for DT 240s. No way in hell will I pay $400+ here.
I just picked up a new pair of DT Swiss XM1501 Spline 29 Wheels with DT 240s for 700 off Pinkbike. New.

Replacing entire NX drivetrain on my rig for XT 8100 and likely getting them from Europe too.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My m8100 drivetrain components arrived from jenson last week. I finally got around to installing it all last night. First ride this morning. Everything works great.

I should note that I’m running the m8130 superboost crankset. This kit comes with a longer spindle and a pair of spacers for each side of the BB shell. The ND crank arm is marked as a standard m8100 unit.

I’m using the WT adapter to run the 12sp shift pod with my m9020 brakes. This was a painless setup.

Jenson have been showing an 8/13 arrival date for the m8120 brakes for some time now, so there’s hope that those of us who ordered through jenson will see them soon.

Now I’m waiting for RF to offer a micro spline freehub for their vault hubs.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
friend that’s building a ripley also waiting m8120 brakeset from jenson, actually one of them shipped Today still missing one, this is the last part for his build

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
friend that's building a ripley also waiting m8120 brakeset from jenson, actually one of them shipped Today still missing one, this is the last part for his build
Same here. One brake set did ship out today. The other (front) has an estimated in-stock date of 8/13.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.