Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, did a quick search, but either didn't enter the right search phrase or it's not there.

I need some new shifters - mine are all cracked for some reason and they shift sluggishly. I have an XTR rapid rise rear der. and need to know if I need a RR shifter or is it just regular shifters and the whole rapid rise part is in the der.?

Thanks.

·
Banned
683 Posts
The shifters are the same.

skiahh said:
OK, did a quick search, but either didn't enter the right search phrase or it's not there.

I need some new shifters - mine are all cracked for some reason and they shift sluggishly. I have an XTR rapid rise rear der. and need to know if I need a RR shifter or is it just regular shifters and the whole rapid rise part is in the der.?

Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Regular shifters work fine. My brother just got a new NRS Comp2 and it has a rapid rise rd and rapid fire shifters. The shifting is backwards (thumb shifts to an easier gear, finger shifts to a harder gear)from what you might think when using rapid fire but it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.