Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to replace my trusty Juicy 5's with XT M785's but am confused by options like "Ispec B" (newer?) and "Ispec A no-fin" and compatibility with what seems like the direct mount shimano shifters. I take it that these mount to the bar also. Will these work well with X0 gripshifts? That is, with respect to lever reach, etc?

Also, I assume the calipers will work ok with Avid G2 cleansweep rotors. Any other compatibility issues? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
There is a longer lever version out there but hard to find. I ordered xt a spec no fins from Chain REaction and was sent the "trekking levers" I just sent them back. CRC did not know that they had stock on these. You may want to contact them as I belive they pulled the option of aspec no finned off the site.

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
I have the SLX which are basically the same and have used them with my Rohloff grip shift, and the levers are a tad short for that. if the XO are wider you may have an issue if non trekker levers are used.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am running the XT brakes with XO grip shift and couldn't be happier. For me it only required a slight learning curve for hand position.

·
Magically Delicious
9,801 Posts
When buying the XT's BL-M785 have the short levers and T785's are the longer trail levers. There has been some confusion about this with some XT purchases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts