Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just curious if anyone knows if the 4 bolt star can be removed from the M770 crank arm or not. Was basically wondering if it comes off and if a straight chain wheel could be used. Similar to the XO that HBC has posted in the banner above. I doubt it but figured I would ask.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I am a little confused about your question? Do you want to put a spiderless chainring on the xt m770 crank? If that is the case.....no bueno.

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was my question. I thought that was the case but I could not find any clear pictures of the backside of the crank. Well that sucks! I think it would look hot with a red HBC ring on there. It will look good with the star as well but the full chainwheel would look smoken!

·
Low Rep Count
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear you but I like a little pop here and there. My bike is pretty much all gray/black with a red King hs and KCNC seat collar, so the ring wouldn't be too much. Nothing like going over board mind you.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
In that case it should look pretty cool!

I hear you but I like a little pop here and there. My bike is pretty much all gray/black with a red King hs and KCNC seat collar, so the ring wouldn't be too much. Nothing like going over board mind you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have one with a Purple 32T HBC mounted inside. Perfect chain line with WI Eno hub/free wheel on Surly 1x1.

·
talentless hack
120 Posts
The spider might be removable but you'd need a press. It's a small-spline interference fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts