Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a set of NOS XT M755 brakes however both calipers are for the front. Does anyone know of an adaptor that will allow it to be run as a rear and what size rotor will it support.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
You will need a 140mm rotor (I think Hope made these). You can try a 200 mm Grimeca adapter and see if you can find a 180 mm rotor, but I think most are 185 mm. Maybe the newer 203mm Shimano adapter is close enough to run the 185s, but you might find that the pads don't clear the calipers. Go-ride has these adapters.

I assume that the brakes come with left hand levers; what are you going to do about this, as I think Shimano levers won't operate very well if run on the wrong side?

Wombat

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
283 Posts
Wombat said:
You can try a 200 mm Grimeca adapter and see if you can find a 180 mm rotor
grimeca sells 180mm rotors. both adapter 160-->200 and rotor are cheap. this is my front caliper + adapter 160/200 + 180mm . mine is not perfect but it's usable (it doesn't seem but pad wear is good). i think it would work very well on a modern bike without the second adapter :)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.