Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately Shimano no longer offers 6-bolt hubs for Deore XT, opting to go only with the slick, user-friendly, reliable centerlock ones.

And yes, those wheels you reference are the "old and slow" ones.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
greyhorse said:
Unfortunately Shimano no longer offers 6-bolt hubs for Deore XT, opting to go only with the slick, user-friendly, reliable centerlock ones.
I'm new to MTBing and disc brakes...are there other manufacturers that make rotors for the XT hubs or are they Shimano only? I don't like the idea of buying a set of brakes only to have to throw out the rotors and buy Shimano. Are the centerlock that much better to make it worth the extra cost? Educate me.

Thanks,
Mikey

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
You can....

MikeyLikesIt said:
I'm new to MTBing and disc brakes...are there other manufacturers that make rotors for the XT hubs or are they Shimano only? I don't like the idea of buying a set of brakes only to have to throw out the rotors and buy Shimano. Are the centerlock that much better to make it worth the extra cost? Educate me.

Thanks,
Mikey
... probably use one of those 6 bolt to centerlock adapters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.