Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kinda get all this q factor stuff but bottom line is i am buying kit for my first build. trouble is i have not decided on the frame and there are xt hollow tec II chain sets on sale. do i need to wait to see what frame i buy before i can get my chain set?

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers smithy
first bike builder here. good deal on xt chainset but only if it fits the frame - right.
so i am safe if i am considering the following frame, 2006 spesh e-works enduro, commencal mete 5.5, sc heckler ........

·
Roll on Spring Time!
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
answered my own question from another thread. i was concerned mostly with bb diameter but is standard and width is covered with use of spacers.
done

·
29er Geek
1,529 Posts
here's a related question guys.

I am currently running the Hollowtech 1's on my Trek Liquid along with an e13 SRS chainguide system. In order to run this setup I needed to go with a much bigger BB spindle (73x122 as opposed to 118). If I got to Hollowtech II XT's or Saints, will I have issues?

Thanks,

RJ

ps, I mean more issues than my attachment disorder and a slight OCD about my bikes....

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
tozovr said:
here's a related question guys.

I am currently running the Hollowtech 1's on my Trek Liquid along with an e13 SRS chainguide system. In order to run this setup I needed to go with a much bigger BB spindle (73x122 as opposed to 118). If I got to Hollowtech II XT's or Saints, will I have issues?

Thanks,

RJ

ps, I mean more issues than my attachment disorder and a slight OCD about my bikes....
I haven't run that setup, but would recommend you take a look in the turner forum, I have seen builds there with (what I would think are ) similar setups to the one you describe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.