Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of going with an XT crank and I saw this one on ebay and read good reviews about it. This is going on my new Heckler. I'm thinking of the 175mm version. Tell me is this a good crank to go with for just general all mountain riding?? Looking for something that's not too heavy but still nice and stiff but I understand the lighter they are the easier they'll break and basically something I will be happy with. I'm over 200 pounds so xtr is out of the question.lol Thanks here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-XT-FC-M...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Oh my bad I posted in the wrong forum.....well this is going on my Heckler so not really:)

·
Bomber
982 Posts
XT is THE crank. If you need stronger (yeah right) then saint. If you have dough and a good track record with cranks then xtr. The xt is a mix of both.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
catnash said:
Yep good crank, it's what I have on my heckler (albeit 170mm for my height). Can't fault it.
How tall are you? I am 5'11" and just noticed they also sell the 170mm version just wondering which would be the better one to go with for my height.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is there a big difference between the 170 and the 175mm? I mean it's only 5mm but you never know. Again I'm 5'11 and I'm considering the 175's good choice?:confused:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool just ordered them. I figured I've been using 170's on my current bike with zero problems so I'll just stick with those.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OhSchitt said:
I'm not that tall (I ride smalls) anyways, I've tried the 170mm and the 175mm. I didn't like the 170mm at all, but that's probably just me.
Well worst comes to worst I can just resell them if I don't like them but we shall see.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Anyone know the weight of the Shimano Deore M532 Crankset that comes in the DXC kit for the superlight? Trying to see what the weight difference is between the M532 and this XT crankset.

·
Registered
92 Posts
well the XT cranks appear to be the best "bang for your buck". I think you can get them for around 170 or so. however if you are unable to fork out that much, you can always replace the outer ring.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.