Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both brand new sets of cranks and BB given to me. Which is better? The XTs are the Hollowtech I's (not II) Model m752.

Also, anyone know which crank bolts go with the XT cranks, I can't seem to get a straight answer???

Any thoughts would be very helpful....thanks!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I had the FireX crank/bb and the bb tanked. I heard from my LBS that there have been a string of reliability issues with that Truvativ model. They warrantied the cranks/bb and moved me to Shiman LX Hollowtech. Not sure if my brain is just playing tricks on me, but the bike feels much stronger with the Shimano cranks. LBS said they were probably stiffer, maybe a bit lighter, etc. It's just as equally probably me imagining a huge difference though :lol:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have experience with both models (actually the LX hollowtech Octolink). Quite the opposite here. The FireXC is still going strong since mid 2004, while the LX bb crapped out. I have a Icon (made by Truvativ) BB from 2001 that has seen annual muddy and rainy 24 hour races without ever being pulled/cleaned and spins the best of all my bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.