Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I have searched and can't find the particular answer I'm looking for.

I have a set of XT BR-m785 brakes. Not the "B" version. They are probably from around 2010. I'm looking at getting some XT 10 speed shifters and found a set that are "i-spec a". If I understand correctly, the first i-spec was "a", then "b", then i-spec 2.
So my question is, if the brakes are labeled "BR-m785", are they i-spec a, or was there a non i-spec version of XT brakes before "a"?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
B A N N E D
5,352 Posts
BL-M785 is I-Spec (later called I-Spec A)
BL-M785-B is I-Spec B

I-Spec B shifters can be attached to I-Spec A brake levers with the appropriate hardware.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BL-M785 is I-Spec (later called I-Spec A)
BL-M785-B is I-Spec B

I-Spec B shifters can be attached to I-Spec A brake levers with the appropriate hardware.
Great. Thanks for the info. So that explains why the shifters appear to be cheaper than most. They are spec a which wouldn't suit most people with newer brakes I guess.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I decided to take the lever off to get a picture to confirm. I-spec a will work on this?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Someone else told me that some M785 brakes were not i-spec at all. So I figured I'd take a picture to double check before buying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts