Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am picking up a 2020 Orbea Alma 29er M30 that comes stock with a Shimano deore 12 speed crankset and drivetrain. I plan on running a Stages power meter on this bike, but none of their current meters are compatible with the new 12 speed Shimano cranks, so I'm looking at picking up an 11 speed XT 8000 crank and 34T chain ring.

So... does anyone know if the 11 speed Shimano XT M8000 crank and chain ring is compatible with the new Shimano 12 speed chains or will I have to run a Wolf 12 speed chain ring with the M8000 crank to have full compatibility?

Thanks in advance for your help here.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am picking up a 2020 Orbea Alma 29er M30 that comes stock with a Shimano deore 12 speed crankset and drivetrain. I plan on running a Stages power meter on this bike, but none of their current meters are compatible with the new 12 speed Shimano cranks, so I'm looking at picking up an 11 speed XT 8000 crank and 34T chain ring.

So... does anyone know if the 11 speed Shimano XT M8000 crank and chain ring is compatible with the new Shimano 12 speed chains or will I have to run a Wolf 12 speed chain ring with the M8000 crank to have full compatibility?

Thanks in advance for your help here.
Will work but you need the sram chainlink on the shimano chain, stock link will not work on m8000 chainring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.