Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Living Life with a Severe Traumatic Brain Injury is not Fun so go foe a Ride
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the Shimano XT 12 speed is now in bike shops in New Zealand.
I'm lucky to have got to ride the new XT groupset this week and I'm blown away how good it is.
Shifts as good if not better than XTR and SLX looks great too.
The shifting up gears is incredibly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you have on your Ritchey now? Worth the upgrade?
I'm running XT 2 × 10 with XTR shifters.
Worth the upgrade yes.
But I'm going to wait for Shimano to approved Hadley micro spline freehub and have to sale off my Jones LWB to buy for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm running XT 2 × 10 with XTR shifters.
Worth the upgrade yes.
But I'm going to wait for Shimano to approved Hadley micro spline freehub and have to sale off my Jones LWB to buy for it.

Thank you. Just got my Ultra frame and most of the parts are in. Just cannot decide on the gear set. Able to get a really good deal on an XTR for the price of an XT. Might just go that route for now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope you enjoy your Ritchey

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I just really hate the chrome cassettes. The black aluminum rings look like **** too.

The grey from xt 11 speed would have been better. But still not a fan as much as black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
since 4/10/2009
34,623 Posts
I would like to know if the chain stays on the low gear while back pedaling...if anyone has any info post it up
Yes

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
No. I've been on the XTR 10-45 cassette for a couple of months and it does do the backpedal chain drop. Maybe not as bad as some other setups, but it happens. I expect if you have had problems on other drivetrains before, you'll probably still have problems.

I wish the 10-45 11spd cassette had made it to market, but I suppose I could "make" one by chopping the 51t cog off of an SLX cassette to achieve the better chainline.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No. I've been on the XTR 10-45 cassette for a couple of months and it does do the backpedal chain drop. Maybe not as bad as some other setups, but it happens. I expect if you have had problems on other drivetrains before, you'll probably still have problems.

I wish the 10-45 11spd cassette had made it to market, but I suppose I could "make" one by chopping the 51t cog off of an SLX cassette to achieve the better chainline.
Or you could set the limit screw so it wont shift to the 51.........or set the screw on the shifter to 11 speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.