Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Looking for a frame for my middle boy (birthday gift) that we can build up together. I looked on the SC website and they have XS Juliana frames but only in powder blue.

White he could deal with and I could remove the Juliana stickers (or cover them up) and he would never know he is riding a “girls bike”

Any other sources for this frame? Anyone know where I could get one?

He is 5'2"

Also wouldn't mind used. There is a local powder coater that I have used in the past that can change the color for $100 or so.

Thanks!

edit...sorry looking for a frame for 26" wheels

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think he would better fit on a s, and that would allow him to grow some and still fit on it, as a small superlight 29 should fit 5'0 to 5'5.

Also i am not sure what you budget is and what not but maybe the \Bantam would be a good bike to look at too. He should be able to fit on a small in that too. The bantam will offer a bit more travel as it is 130mm front and 125mm rear.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
Superlight and Juliana were the same exact frame.....only differences other than color and decals: SL was only S-XL, while Juliana were XS-M.

Previous generations of Juliana frames had a shorter shock on the XS frames....but I don't think that mattered on the last generation.

Reactions: DeeZee

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Superlight and Juliana were the same exact frame.....only differences other than color and decals: SL was only S-XL, while Juliana were XS-M.

Previous generations of Juliana frames had a shorter shock on the XS frames....but I don't think that mattered on the last generation.
Thanks yes I know.......that is why it doesn't really matter much.

He is riding a 26" HT and want to swap over the parts.

I checked with a few local shops and they do not even carry 26" wheels........WOW!

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
Thanks yes I know.......that is why it doesn't really matter much.

He is riding a 26" HT and want to swap over the parts.

I checked with a few local shops and they do not even carry 26" wheels........WOW!
At 5'3" my wife was able to ride a medium Superlight without any trouble....but this was in '04...the next gen Superlight actually got a little longer.

If you son is 5'2" and growing, the S would be the better choice, but start looking at the geo numbers between S and M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts