Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ouch. Very nice indeed. What's the travel? BB height? What fork and what head angle...? I have both and was always toying with the idea (this way, not the Bruja front/X5 rear). Thanks, very inspiring!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i can't believe what i'm seeing. it was only about a month ago i called ventana about doing the same thing w/ my bruja rearend & was told by sherwood himself that the bruja rear only fit a bruja front. i'm just amazed. no modification at all? one big goal was to slacken the headtube to around 68. what did you end up w? an ' 05 or ' 04 model year?

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Sherwood is not easily giving of information that could lead to frankentana projects. Maybe he doesn't want to be associated with mods that could lead to lower performance than what he demands from his designs (speculation on my part). It was like pullin teath to get the full story on what all the possible shock and rocker combos are for the x5.

Poster Shrek has a bruja rear on his custom salty/x5 jig ride. I inquired about this to Sherwood and was shot down as he no longer produces that rear end (the one with adjustable wheelbase).

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Maybe instead of trading on my old bruja frame I'll sell it on the black market instead! May be more financially responsible on my end.

Let the bidding begin! ;-)

·