Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul Components is out of XR Rocker Link stock. There are no more rocker links that will allow for an increase to 4" of travel for your Turner Burner. If you are interested in this product that will make your burner plusher (there are several threads on here, just do a search) please respond to this post and call them at 530.345.437. Let them know there is still demand for this product.

If there is enough response they will consider another run of these. They sold for $135 plus shipping. Let's make this happen folks!

·
Registered
668 Posts
zurC atnaS said:
Paul Components is out of XR Rocker Link stock. There are no more rocker links that will allow for an increase to 4" of travel for your Turner Burner. If you are interested in this product that will make your burner plusher (there are several threads on here, just do a search) please respond to this post and call them at 530.345.437. Let them know there is still demand for this product.

If there is enough response they will consider another run of these. They sold for $135 plus shipping. Let's make this happen folks!
Boy, does this bring back memories...I waited 6 months for the first run of XR rockers...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Al. said:
??

up-grade-itis? If that's the case, yes I have it - and those hope disc brakes are starting to look very good to me about now also. I also like the new sram shifters/derailleur, gotta get me some of those too. dammit!
This is how it starts. You buy a Turner and move parts over from your old bike. After a few rides, you fall in love with the frame and want to hang components from it that "worthy". You start buying things and replacing parts. You contiune to ride the bike, and identify new areas of concentration for upgrades. You buy more. At this point, the purchase process and feeling of euphoria become ingrained.

You begin to salivate at the sound of a doorbell and the sight of an unmarked brown box on your porch. Your wife finds you curled up in the corner caressing the latest shifter or fork or rim or whatever as you mumble "precious...." and twitch. You can't concentrate on your job because you spend too much time on MTBR looking for the next fix (Tscheezy is the dealer here - we all know it). Soon, you stop riding your bike altogether as you fully devote your time to the all-consuming quest for the latest and greatest part.

You end up alone, jobless, on the street panhandling for the new Sram OX carbon trigger shifters. You outfit your "Perfect Turner" with a chopped shopping cart trailer to collect cans. You find that nobody in the shelter understands you - but SCREW THEM - THEY DON'T KNOW ME! You walk your Perfect Turner to the nearest underpass and try to grab some rest, but a ragged fellow in backwards baseball cap rolls up on an immaculate O2 and offers you a Suntour shifter from is parts bin. SUNTOUR! I wouldn't touch that crap if I...well, it is shiny...just this once...

I won't get into the prostitution and felonious activity that follows. Let's just say that after a year that goes by in a hazy instant, you find yourself with nowhere to go but up. Then some kind soul reaches out to you, and helps you help yourself.

You can stop the vicious cycle now, or you can follow this path. The XR rockers are a "gateway" upgrade. Be warned.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was me....

I'm not set up to mass produce them and for liability issues I don't think it would be a prudent thing for me to do. I'm also pretty sure that using them would void the warranty, but as I said in the old post I can provide a pattern and detailed instructions to fab them.

bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.