Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
gmats said:
Aloha All,

I was kind of bumming that my Maxle on my Pike was not aligned correctly. After some studrying, I came up with a soluiton. Here's a link to the pdf file. Sorry, it's kind of big.

http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~grant/f.../pike_maxle.pdf

Hope this helps.

aloha,
g
Hey Gmats,

I tried to download the PDF and it just times out. Can you provide some details in regard to your Maxle problems? I looked back through your other posts and didn't see any that mention any Pike issues.

Thanks!

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Lever pointing down?

Was the lever pointing down or forward when tightened and closed?

Take out the Maxle, unscrew the nutted end until you can pull out and flip the QR lever around inside the maxle. Then it will close to the back or upward when completely tight.

JMH

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I realized this was possible. Only problem was the QR lever was pointed either at the 2:00 or 7:00 positions. I needed a way that I could get the QR to point back towards the 9:00 position.

When I get a chance, I'll repost this perhaps in a new format (non pdf) so as to be easier to view.

Thanks guys for the input.

aloha,
g

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
It's an unnecessarily huge file. basically you put a loop of thin wire or some sort of shim on the maxle so it bottoms on the hub earlier and causes the maxle to come snug sooner, resulting in a different lever orientation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.