1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
And for those of you that are unfamiliar with white brother's forks, they have sealed cartridges and therefore won't "leak", but better seals could keep out contaminants if you are having a problem with getting contamination in your fork.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cdub said:
does anybody ride these forks? i have never actually seen one in a shop or being ridden
Hecka yeah. They're big with the 29"er crowd, and I've got one in the works for my 26" bike. They're light, stiff and compliant, and backed up by some great customer service.

Jm., yeah, it's true my CX-1 uses a TA cart that is essentially double-sealed, although you hit the nail on the head: these wipers are there to keep all the crud out of the internals.

White Brother's current lineup of low pressure, high volume forks does away with the cartridges in favor of a more typical air fork setup. But even then, I don't know of any air forks which are pressurized at the wiper -- the Manitous and Marzocchis I've used are pressurized inside the stanchions only, not the lowers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.